Pitt Business Outside the Classroom Curriculum
Pitt Business has designed a special Outside of the Classroom Curriculum (OCC) for undergraduate business majors called Levels. Levels is designed for students to develop the core competencies crucial to becoming a well-rounded professional who will make an immediate impact at their company. Levels is customized to the specific needs of business students and will enhance their overall experience as our program takes them from the classroom, to the city, to the world.
Levels comprises 10 core competencies that are used by professional organizations to develop their employees and leaders. All of the activities completed as part of Levels will fall into one of these competencies:
- Leadership Development
- Career and Professional Development
- Communication Skills
- Cross-Functional Team Management
- Personal Financial Literacy and Wellness
- Global and Cultural Engagement
- Pitt Engagement
- Networking and Relationship Management
- Business Acumen
- Civic and Social Engagement
Every competency contains four levels you must reach. Each Level is designed to ensure growth and development in the selected competency.
- Level 1 – “Intern” - Like an intern, Level 1 provides basic exposure to the selected competency.
- Level 2 – “Associate” - Like an associate, Level 2 ensures participation in activities to contribute to a project or organization.
- Level 3 – “Manager” - Like a manager, Level 3 develops the next level of skill and engagement to further your expertise in a given competency.
- Level 4 – “Director” - Like a director, Level 4 ensures you have developed all the skill necessary to be considered a master at a given competency.
Start participating in Levels today by signing up through our website hosted by Suitable, a software solution from a Pitt Business alumnus. See step-by-step instructions on how to register and use the software.