The James B. Tafel Summer Internship Scholarship Program
The Purpose of the Fund
The James B. Tafel Endowed Internship Fund was established in 2001 to enable Pitt Business students to accept challenging business internships that prepare them as outstanding business leaders in the global business environment. Tafel Fellowships are awarded for internships at a variety of organizations, including large, well-established companies, small and medium-sized businesses, startups and young companies, and nonprofits.
Pitt Business Tafel Fellows will complete a 10-week internship over the summer that covers 20 hours per week. The pay is $15 per hour. Participating students will receive a paid stipend. For information on available Tafel Fellowship internships, students should contact Carli Anselmi, internship manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time in the College of Business Administration as a BSBA or double-degree student
- Have a 3.0 or better GPA
- Be enrolled in the Pitt Business OCC program
- Submit an application for the Tafel Program
- Submit a current resume and a cover letter explaining how the internship fits into your career development and how the Tafel Scholarship could help you achieve the internship
Participating organizations must complete a short application survey that describes the internship opening at their company, their needs for the upcoming summer, and what type of student they are seeking.
The organization must:
- Be an incorporated (Inc., LLC, LLP, etc.) entity
- Have an employee designated as supervisor to the Tafel Fellow
- Agree to complete a final performance appraisal for the intern
- Provide the intern with a written hire letter for the internship position
- The job must be a challenging position within the intern’s field of interest. The job must contain no less than 80% professional work in either Accounting, Finance, Global Management, Human Resources, Marketing, BIS, and/or Supply Chain Management
- Provide the intern with a written and signed job description
- May only have a maximum of two Tafel awardees during the period of the award.