The James B. Tafel Summer Internship Scholarship Program
The Purpose of the Fund
The James B. Tafel Endowed Internship Fund was established in 2001 to enable Pitt Business students to accept challenging business internships that prepare them as outstanding business leaders in the global business environment. Tafel Fellowships are awarded for internships at a variety of organizations, including large, well-established companies, small and medium-sized businesses, startups and young companies, and nonprofits.
Pitt Business Tafel Fellows will complete a 10-week internship over the summer that range from 10-20 hours/week. Participating students will receive a stipend of $2,250.
There are two ways for students to engage with the Tafel Scholarship.
- Students who have already secured an unpaid business internship for summer 2021 can apply for the scholarship to receive funding for their internship. Apply here!
- Pitt Business partners with local companies to source internships for students to apply to, and is funded through the scholarship. To find these internships, search “Tafel” in Handshake’s Job section.
For information or questions regarding available Tafel Fellowship internships, students should contact Carli Anselmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the Tafel Scholarship is taxable. If selected you will complete a W9, and will receive a 1099 the following year.
Have an unpaid internship for summer 2021? Apply here!
Student applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time in the College of Business Administration as a BSBA or double-degree student
- Have a 3.0 or better GPA
- Be enrolled in the Pitt Business OCC program
- Submit an application for the Tafel Program
- Submit a current resume and a cover letter explaining how the internship fits into your career development and how the Tafel Scholarship could help you achieve the internship