The Pitt Business Career Internship Scholarship Program
The Purpose of the Fund
The Pitt Business Career Internship Scholarship Program (PBCIS) was established in 2001 to enable Pitt Business students to accept challenging business internships that prepare them as outstanding business leaders in the global business environment. Internships are awarded at a variety of organizations, including large, well-established companies, small and medium-sized businesses, startups and young companies, and nonprofits.
Pitt Business interns will complete a 10-week internship over the summer that ranges from 10-20 hours/week. Participating students will receive a stipend of $2,250.
There are two ways for students to engage with the Scholarship.
- Students who have already secured an unpaid business internship for Summer 2023 can apply for the scholarship to receive funding for their internship. Apply here!
- Pitt Business partners with local companies to source internships for students to apply to and is funded through the scholarship. To find these internships, search “PBCIS” in Handshake’s Job section.
For information or questions regarding available internships, students should contact Claire Dawkins, Internship Manager.
Please note the Scholarship is taxable. If selected you will complete a W9 and will receive a 1099 the following year.
Have an unpaid internship for Summer 2023? Apply here!
Student applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time in the College of Business Administration as a BSBA or double-degree student
- Have a 3.0 or better GPA
- Be enrolled in the Pitt Business OCC program
- Submit an application for the Internship Scholarship
- Submit a current resume and a cover letter explaining how the internship fits into your career development and how the Scholarship could help you achieve the internship
*Additional Student Qualifications
- A student may only receive two scholarships in total
- If a student receives two scholarships, the scholarship must be applied to a pre-selected scholarship company partner and a student-selected internship
- If a student receives two scholarships, the scholarship must be applied to two different companies
- A student may only receive one scholarship per academic year beginning in the fall of the student’s freshman year
- If a student interns with a pre-selected scholarship company partner, the student must still apply for the scholarship with guaranteed acceptance upon completion given all requirements are met