Preapproved CCAC Course Listing
Thank you for your interest in transferring summer courses to Pitt Business. The courses listed below have been preapproved for transfer to Pitt Business from the Community College of Allegheny County (CCAC). To ensure that your summer courses will transfer to Pitt Business, you must choose from this approved listing or the Pitt Business Preapproved Course and College Listing. You will also need to verify that you are eligible to transfer summer courses. The process and requirements are detailed below.
Any exceptions must be approved by Pitt Business. (For information about the exception process, see the Pitt Business Preapproved Course and College Listing.)
- Planning: Discuss your plan to take summer courses with your Pitt Business academic advisor. It is your responsibility to know which Pitt Business requirements you need to fulfill through consultation with your Pitt Business academic advisor and review of your academic advisement transcript on PeopleSoft. Important Note: Pitt Business is transitioning to a new curriculum including a Business Analytics sequence. This affects the general education and business requirements that you are required to take. If you are unclear about the curriculum you are following, please consult with your academic advisor before planning for any summer transfer coursework.
- Determine if you are preapproved to transfer summer courses. You must discuss this with your academic advisor. In general, you are preapproved to transfer summer courses if you meet the following requirements:
- You have transferred fewer than 60 credits previously from other colleges.
- Your cumulative Pitt GPA is 2.00 or higher by the time you begin your summer course.
If you do not meet both of these requirements for preapproval, you must speak with your Pitt Business academic advisor about your options.
- Review the Preapproval Transfer Policies below. You are responsible for reviewing them and understanding how they apply to you. For example, it is important to note that a maximum of 60 credits are transferable to Pitt Business from a community college. Review this and other policies below.
- Check the preapproved CCAC course listings below to find one or more courses that you want to take. To ensure that your courses will transfer, they must be on the approved list. If you cannot find coursework to meet your needs at CCAC, you will find other options in the Pitt Business Preapproved Course and College Listing.
- Register for your summer course(s) by contacting CCAC directly. This is your responsibility, as is paying the tuition fees at CCAC for your summer coursework.
- Once you have completed your summer course(s), request that an official CCAC transcript be sent to the address below. Please note, it is important to forward your official transcript as soon as your courses are complete. Doing so will allow Pitt Business to post your transfer credit in a timely manner. Transfer credit impacts your Pitt credit total and can have a bearing on financial aid eligibility, class standing, registration appointment assignment and more.Send your official electronic transcript to email@example.com or paper transcripts mailed to:
College of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh
2204 Sennott Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
Preapproval Transfer Policies
- You must earn a C or higher in a course for it to transfer (a C- will not transfer). To transfer, courses must be taken for a letter grade (not pass/fail). Courses must be from an accredited, U.S.-based institution.
- You may not take/repeat a course that you have already taken at Pitt.
- The course will transfer to Pitt for no more than the number of credits of Pitt’s equivalent course (typically 3 credits).
- A maximum of 60 credits are transferable to Pitt Business from a community college. You must make sure that your summer coursework will not put you over this limit.
- Once enrolled in Pitt Business, students may not transfer business courses from community colleges. You may work with your academic advisor to identify and submit for review, via the Summer Course Exception Form, an appropriate business course offered by an AACSB-accredited business school. AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. This policy is designed to ensure that Pitt Business students are competitive with graduates of other high-ranking business programs
- A maximum of 5 Pitt Business core courses may be transferred from another college. You need to make sure that your summer coursework will not put you over this limit. Keep in mind that only business courses from AACSB-accredited programs will be considered. Business classes taken at Pitt regional campuses or on study abroad also count towards this limit.
- This approved course listing is relevant for summer course transfer only. Pitt Business students may not take courses at other colleges for transfer during the regular academic year (fall and spring semesters).
- Any courses from outside the US must be approved through the Study Abroad Office (abroad.pitt.edu). Students will not use this process. If courses are from outside the US but the transcript is issued from a US-based institution, the program and provider must be approved by the Study Abroad Office. Students must follow the procedures and deadlines set by the Study Abroad Office for international course approval prior to departure.
- If you have over 90 credits completed, you may still transfer approved summer coursework to Pitt Business – as long as you have not exceeded any of the transfer credit limits shown above. However, you are strongly discouraged from taking summer courses for transfer if you plan to graduate in August. Pitt Business makes no guarantee that summer transfer credit can be processed in time for August graduation. If you are planning to graduate in August, please discuss your situation with your academic advisor.
- If you want to take a summer course and apply it towards a minor you are completing through the Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences, you must receive approval from the specific Dietrich School department in which you are completing your minor.
Preapproved CCAC Courses for Summer Transfer
The following CCAC courses are preapproved for transfer to Pitt Business. For the availability of specific CCAC courses during the summer, check the CCAC Web site at www.ccac.edu.
Please note that in some cases “non-equivalent” transfer credit is awarded (SPAN 0000 for example). This coursework transfers to Pitt Business, just not as a specific Pitt course. It does fully meet the specified Pitt Business requirement.
This course listing is organized by Pitt Business requirements (prerequisites and Arts & Sciences general education requirements). Students who are only seeking to transfer A&S elective credit may take any of the courses approved for Pitt Business general education requirements and count them as A&S elective credit. Business classes are not included. Once enrolled in Pitt Business, students may not transfer business courses from community colleges. See details above in the Preapproval Transfer Policies.