The mission of the Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business and College of Business Administration is to produce knowledge through research on issues relevant to business and society; prepare students to create business value through thought leadership and practice; and promote global dialogue on economic and entrepreneurial activities that improve society.
We will achieve our mission by maintaining a stimulating environment that honors the following core values:
- Candor and Transparency, which ensure effective communication
- Initiative, which empowers us to take action and perform to the highest standards
- Integrity, which will be demonstrated in our actions and decisions
- Collaboration and Compassion, which emphasize respect and sharing, and magnify our teamwork
- Innovation, which allows us to envision the future and drive change; an
- Continuous Improvement, which will be woven into the fabric of what we do.
We will measure and manage performance of our mission by examining:
- Research, teaching, and other results relative to competing business schools;
- Faculty achievements and awards in business and the disciplines;
- Student satisfaction with our teaching, processes, and activities;
- Student achievement in case competitions, professional certification exams, and the development of professional and entrepreneurial experiences;
- Our success in generating resources;
- Faculty, staff, and alumni satisfaction with our progress;
- Our creation of global experiences and opportunities for students, faculty, and others;
- Our impact in the region and local business community;
- The outcome of key business school ranking surveys;
- Recruiter satisfaction; and
- Our graduates’ success in securing employment or admission to graduate school.
Our aspiration is to be a recognized global leader in the creation and sharing of business knowledge and skills that generate lasting societal value.